In clinical tests, 3D Flotation reduced sacral peak pressure in patients by 23%.
In clinical tests, 70% of patients reported increased comfort with PURAP.
Fluid 3D Flotation Technology
The fluid 3D Flotation technology is used in all our products. It is designed to provide to dissipate pressure effectively, which helps it significantly reduce pain.
- Unique fluid layer not found in other products
- Provides the lowest peak pressures
- Doesn't compress or spring back
- Clinically tested at Stanford University Hospital
- Covered by multiple patents
Born from personal experience
One of our founder's father-in-law developed a bedsore while at a skilled nursing facility. None of the existing products helped and he ultimately passed away due to complications related to his sores.
Our search for something that actually worked in dissipating pressure and preventing and treating bedsores led us to create the 3D Flotation technology and our range of anti-sore products.
How fluid 3D Flotation technology works
The fluid 3D Flotation technology uses a unique fluid layer to dissipate pressure. The fluid layer is closest to the body. It fills in all the space between you and the cushion and increases direct support area. It does not compress and does not push back (like springs). This helps it dissipate the pressure away from the body towards the sides of the cushion.
Fluid 3D Flotation eliminates peak pressure points (pressure hotspots)
Increases contact area to dissipate pressure, provide uniform support
Does not 'pack-down' or 'sink-in' and doesn't lock you in one position
Fluid micro-movements avoid pressure buildup
Advantages of fluid 3D Flotation over foam and gel cushions
Foam, Gel, and Alternating air systems
- Compress according to the distribution of your body weight - the sacrum and sit-bones experience the highest pressure.
- Concentrate pressure only on a few contact points and create a highly uneven pressure distribution.
- They "sink-in" and they lock you in place which aggravates the problem of high pressure points.
- These areas become high pressure points or "pressure hotspots" that cause pain, cut off blood flow, and create pressure sores.
Normal Cushions compress and sink-in
Fluid 3D Flotation technology
+ Unique fluid doesn't compress or spring back according to distribution of body weight.
+ Fluid technology fills in all small gaps between your body and the seating surface and increases direct support area.
+ Dissipates pressure towards the sides and eliminates high pressure points (pressure hotspots).
+ Reduces pain, prevents and helps heal sores.
Fluid 3D Flotation doesn't compress or sink-in